Monday, November 21, 2011

Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder; how do you see yourself?

Some people aren't concerned with being beautiful/attractive. Like me, for example, I think I look great just as I am. Consequently, I never even think about doing things to make myself look beautiful. MY standard of beauty is me and always will be, no matter what happens.





On the other hand, some people pull all kinds of rabbits out of their hats to look beautiful/attractive (whatever you want to call it). They put chemicals on theirs faces, skin, hair, nails, teeth, they inject themselves with poison, mutilate and reconstruct perfectly healthy body parts, and so much more. Not to mention what they must have to say to themselves to convince themselves to do these irrational things.





So, if beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, then why do some people do such irrational, sometimes dangerous and/or life threatening things, just to please themselves? Don't they know that they, each as individual ';beholders';, can set their OWN standards of beauty; set it and forget it?Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder; how do you see yourself?
beauty is defined by the media.......Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder; how do you see yourself?
Because some people disagree with the statement';beauty really in the eye of the beholder';, they believe beauty is defined by the TV shows and the media.
How do i view myself?





About a 7/10.





Pretty good, not great.
This is a very good question, and for people like you and I, who seem to be naturally beautiful without crap......it distrubs us to see...because its those FAKE beauty people that get everything it seems. I am not concerned with being BEU/att....but I know I am. Without anything make or anything on.


Its very true, no matter how much we do to ourselves, there is always going to be someone who thinks eh? Shes ok....but some woman jump through flaming hoops.....but they dont realize that they are just one in 6 billion people, and until they can find that THEY are their own Beholder (if that makes any sense) then they will not see the need for all the tricks and hope people except them for who they are on the outside.......the inside people dont usually care about.
I agree with you to a certain extent.





However, I also think it's ok to alter your body. If you have very uneven breasts or ears that are really uneven, or maybe you're born with a very small chin....these are all extreme cases and easily correctable and are not a big deal, and someone's self-worth is not usually hung on such things. It's just that when meeting new people, sometimes new people focus on those things, and it bothers folks. As long as they have no delusions about surgery solving all their problems, I think it's ok.





I find a lot of people who are very unhealthful tend to use a lot of make-up and fake nails and hair to feel better about themselves, when really, all they need to do to feel better about themselves is exercise and eat good food. Many people are not willing to put the time into losing 80 pounds to extend their length and quality of life; they would rather spend 1/2 and hour on their nails and hair. No one cares about their nails and hair to begin with.





I feel sorry for them, but I can't change them.
I'm feeling your confidence very well said but as usual it's never that easy or simplistic other factors come into play e.g upbringing: if you've constantly been put down and told as a child your ugly you grow believing your ugly if you were bullied it effects your self esteem you get what I'm saying other influences effect what should naturally be a right we are all naturally beautiful attractive whatever you want to call it just some of us have maintained that belief other's have had it taken away, so beauty really is in the eye of the beholder depends how you yourself define or see beauty.


How I see myself depends on differing factors too and how hormonal I am, I would say I'm normal sometimes I think I'm cracking other times I think god is that me but on the whole I'm quite contented with me.
I see myself as alright, but overweight. I really do believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has personal preferences. On person my find Jessica Alba as their dream girl while another prefers Rosanne Barr. I know someone who has a natural D cup and is wanting to get breast implants. I have no idea what runs through some people's heads, but it's their own bodies and their own vision of beauty. While I frown upon plastic surgery (for the most part) and choose personality over appearance, many people fall in line with mainstream media's opinion.





I could never understand why someone would prefer the dumb fake one over the intelligent natural one. But then again this is my personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment