Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What is considered beauty in the eyes of the beholder?

I see Beauty in almost everything I see !What is considered beauty in the eyes of the beholder?
Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Real beauty comes from the inner self of a woman.Her respect and love for God reflects her outside appearance. Even how ugly a woman is when she is closer to the Lord she is beautiful. The glory of God is seen in her face. She is shinning like a star in the eyes of people around her. This is real beauty. 1 Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.What is considered beauty in the eyes of the beholder?
I always think of what God told Samuel when he went to anoint David as king.





I Samuel 16:6, 7 So it was, when they came, that he LOOKED at Eliab and said, ';Surely the LORD's anointed is before Him.'; 7 But the LORD said to Samuel, ';Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.';





I think beauty in the eyes of the beholder means that each individual sees beauty from his/her own perspective. What is beautiful to one is not to another.





I try to see the good or beauty in others not according to their appearance but what is on the inside that is displayed by their actions, speech, and attitude. For me it's, ';beauty is as beauty does.'; My grandmother told me that when I was a child.
Beauty means far different things to different people. What a person finds beautiful reflects their values and their interests. I may be delighted by the falling of leaves in autumn, and you may be oblivious to them in preference for the architecture of a nearby building. As for the beauty of human beings, again it is a matter of personal taste. Some prefer natural beauty, others enjoy the products of surgery and make-up, and still others look beyond the physical to the person inside. For my part, I am often struck by how an otherwise uninteresting looking person can be made beautiful by who they are.





Oh, and the Cabbage Patch Dolls comment - spot on.
I'm surprised more people don't look into our innate, evolutionary survival skills. It answers so many questions I see posted in this forum. Ask yourself why are puppies ';cute';?, why do I tend to associate with others ';like me';?, why do I feel a sense of ';security'; if I drive a nicer car than someone else?, why do I hold on to the false sense of security of believing the attainment of more money or more material goods will make me happy?


It's all very simple but clouded from broad understanding. It all makes sense if you take a closer look at a number of basic elements, including our evolutionary ';hard wiring';.


Contact me if you'd like to look into this further.


Good luck!
It is something that is seen by the person looking at another. He/she might see a good personality in another and think it makes that person beautiful. It is not just looking at a person on the outside, it is what they see on the inside too.
A gentle and quiet demeanor/spirit. Someone who is peaceful inside, so that it shines to the outside. Someone who knows who they are, and where they are going, who is not in competition with anyone. Someone who truly loves and follows God.
everything under His creation; a child's smile or one one my elderly mother; since it is in the eye of the beholder it can be anything and everything that he or she believes it to be so. Peace.
it means that someone may be beautiful outside but ugly inside and that physical beauty isnt the same as internal beauty someone can be so gorgeous and be a horrid person like looks can be deceptive cos something looks good u dont know what's inside do u
love of God makes all things beautiful.





';My heart pounds as I think of this. It leaps within me.'; Job 37:1


';Look, God is all-powerful. Who is a teacher like Him?'; Job 36:22





xo of peace.
It means everyone sees things differently. What might be beautiful to one may be ugly to another.





Cabbage patch kids come to mind. They are ugly, but the owner loves them.
I like to think of this when I hear that statement.


Conceit comes from the mouth of a fool.
Beauty is in the depths of ones heart where the Lord resides.
a loved ones smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment