Wednesday, July 21, 2010

';beauty is in the eye of beholder'; do you think this proverb is true or are there certain norms of beauty?

Yes I believe this proverb to be true. I have met gorgeous people, who become very ugly when they open their mouth. Yet, I have met what people would considered homely and found them to be wonderful, kind and beautiful once you get to know them.So,


that is why I believe in the proverb.';beauty is in the eye of beholder'; do you think this proverb is true or are there certain norms of beauty?
I think the proverb can be very true. Sometimes when I see a person that I don't necessariy think is beautiful, that persons personality changes my mind. You will always have your personality, but your looks can go away in a second.';beauty is in the eye of beholder'; do you think this proverb is true or are there certain norms of beauty?
Although there may be certain norms, ones looks are superficial. True beauty comes from within; the heart and soul of the person. Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder; for if you love someone, they are beautiful to you, even if not physically pretty. Dona G.
beauty is in the eyes of the ';beer holder';
True. We have Miss America, and Miss Black America, for instance.
I read somewhere about a studies that shows that people of all races find faces that have wide set eyes, high cheekbones and narrow jaw-lines to be most strikingly attractive, while faces with the most average proportions were second most attractive. These were computer generated images though, so they had no personality! I think often people who's faces are ';out of proportion'; are really most memorable, and it's the personality that makes them seem beautiful.
Psychological studies have shown that both men and women are most attracted to people who have VERY symmetrical faces. The study brought men and women into a room, and they were shown pictures of people. They rated the pictures on how attracted they were to the person. The overall ratings proved this.





However, outside of symmetry, I think the proverb is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment