Saturday, July 24, 2010

How can people fairly judge in beauty contests when beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?

Good question! I guess because they are strictly judging on artificial ';beauty';. Real beauty comes from within.How can people fairly judge in beauty contests when beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?
If you actually have watched a few beauty contests, then you would


know, that they don't choose a winner by beauty alone. They have


to show their intelligence when answering questions with sponteneity. They also have to have a true talent to entertain an audience. And they have to prove that they have an outstanding talent to win over all of the other finalists. I think more of the contests have eliminated the bathing suit compe-


tition these days, for obvious reasons. And the girls are judged by stature and poise when they walk in heels, and the manner in which they represent themselves in their character. I have found many winners are not really all that pretty. So they had better have the other characteristics working for them to win the whole package.How can people fairly judge in beauty contests when beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?
They can't. Beauty contests promote falsifying your personality and may actually lead to arrogance.


Beauty contests for children can be considered exploitation and are highly controversial.


The ';Miss Black America'; contest promoted racism ... imo.


The only fair way to judge is if it were a talent show ... and that's extremely difficult because you would have to put values on the talent being expressed.
I wonder that too. I worked in a dorm, each year there were lots beautiful girls living there and thought that many of them were more beautiful than the music and film celebrities that were popular at the time, and saw those girls without being ';air-brushed'; like most models and stars are in their photos.
I think you have to be broad minded ( no pun intended LOL )


to see the beauty of each person. However, there are standards or norms to what people view as beautiful or not.





I think thats what they go by.





Its just the way things are. Its why some people do well in entertainment w/ little talent. And less attractive, with huge talent.. have a hard road to fame.
Well, I guess it is all up to the eye of the judge. . . I would not want that job !!! Now a days they are liable to shoot you for not picking their daughter !!! I, myself know I could NEVER win a beauty contest. . LOL. . but then I hope I would not win an Ugly one either . . . =)
The judges behold what they think is beautiful and judge accordingly.











I think =)
I can't for the life of me imagine why you would worry about fairness! Who cares who wins as long as I can watch the show is my motto.
It doesn't matter. The winner is always the one with the biggest boobs.
that's why they have several judges so no one will be the only one voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment