Saturday, July 24, 2010

When looking in your eye in the mirror, do you see the outer shell or the inner beauty?

This is my belief. One, to me, is self seeking, the other is self awareness.





Namaste





Peace and LoveWhen looking in your eye in the mirror, do you see the outer shell or the inner beauty?
I see my eye.





~Neeva





http://wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.sht鈥?/a>When looking in your eye in the mirror, do you see the outer shell or the inner beauty?
I probably see my outer shell.
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Him is everlasting strength.
What I see there varies according to how I feel at the time, if I am in a good mood, or troubled, or sick, or whatever.....Sometimes I see my inner self, other times I just see things like crow's feet!
The outer shell is most easy to see.... One can peer at the self and see if they see the inner, but that is not possible.....The flesh is in the way of truest sight because it seeks to see something it cannot see to prove to itself that it can see it....





The only way to see the true self... Or the true existence of another is in dreams..... It is the only place that cannot be told a lie... it is the spirit's turn to use the eyes.... and it sees without flesh eyes at a world that has already been given truth by experience....





Experience cannot be hidden within..... Even those things we had thought we had forgotten, or wished we did not know can be seen...... The flesh can only see the ';face value'; of the world... the spirit sees without the flesh.....





The inner beauty of man can only be seen in the spirit......








your sister,


Ginger
When I first saw your question, my immediate response was that I totally agree with you. The outer shell IS self seeking, the inner beauty IS self awareness. Then I wondered if I was seeing something ';else'; rather between the lines, reading more into it than was there. So I looked at some of the answers to perhaps find a link to my interpretation. I liked the answer of rasendra, the mirror reflects the outer shell, yet for the inner beauty, no mirror is required. Yet. You wrote, (I wish I could put this in italics!) ';..looking in your EYE in the mirror.';


%26amp; isn't it indeed possible to ';see'; inner beauty in the eyes--


yourself %26amp; other people's as well? %26amp; NOW, I see it as a beautiful meptaphor. Is our ';mirror'; reflection simply how our ';outer society'; sees us, or our perception of that outer society? Stop me!
The beauty! The Beauty!





The BEAUTY? Look, an eye may appear beautiful because it's an optical device, and needs to be perfectly symmetrical and curved. It's a clever invention by evolution, despite its flaws.





But do you really think beauty is an absolute? Or that contemplating your own retina provides self-awareness? If so, your brain need glasses.





CD
when i look in the mirror


in my eyes


i see somebody who is depress


need help scare and worried
i see my contact lens. sorry, i'm not very deep...
To be honest....it depends. Some days, I look in the mirror and all I can see are the outer flaws, but there are other days when I see the true beauty inside of me. I try to have more days of the latter. ~Namaste
Well its how you are in the inside that counts.
Looking in the mirror , outer shell can be seen. For seeing the inner beauty or self awareness no mirror is required!

No comments:

Post a Comment