Wednesday, July 21, 2010

If ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder'; then why do people give hell to those who get some work done?

I don't get it, if beauty is truly subjective because people have different standards for what's beautiful then why do people think they have any right to say that having some work done isn't ';beauty';?





Since not everyone is gonna agree on what makes someone beautiful, who's anybody to say that beauty always has to be natural?If ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder'; then why do people give hell to those who get some work done?
I agree with you. The truth is there is a universal viewpoint of what beautiful and ugly are. It has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. Surely, we can all agree that a well-toned fit body is more attractive than a obese person with love handles.





Those who say beauty is in the eye of the beholder are usually ugly people or attractive people who want to make everyone else feel better. In truth is that very few find Rosie O' Donell or Flava Flav attractive or sexually appealing. While many can agree that Beyonce, Adriana Lima, or Taye Diggs are attractive. There is nothing wrong with admitting this. We as humans have been endowed with the capacity to appreciate beauty. Even babies respond better to attractive faces (they respond as in smiling more and paying attention to that person's face).





I think those that have issue with plastic surgery is because they know that the person would look better. They feel as if they're cheating their way out of their condition given by nature. This is because they know that there is a standard of beauty and this people have achieved it. So is it jealousy? Or the old adage of misery loves company? I don't know really.If ';beauty is in the eye of the beholder'; then why do people give hell to those who get some work done?
Getting work done shows insecurity


I don't think bulging,hard fake breasts,lumpy injected lips,crooked nose job and what not shows beauty


It isn't beauty.Really,having to pay for beauty?








Yea,and along with that fake ';beauty'; you lose who you really are.I just think having to pay to look ';beautiful'; is pathetic.


I have my imperfections,but i don't need surgery to fix those,i am content with myself
Very good point!


I will admit to having a few injections done on my face due major stress that made me look 10 years older than I was. I hated doing it as it cost me quite a wee bit, but it boosted my confidence, where as before I used to hide away.


I could never have seen myself doing such a thing in the past, but having been there myself, it had nothing to do with wanting the attention of men, just to make myself feel a bit more up beat.


I'm far from shallow, but more than that I don't care if another is lined like the map of Britain, even better if their laugh lines!


Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.
Good question. You always surprise me w/ your diff. viewpoints that make me wanna say, 'ahh' or 'wtf!?' sometimes.





Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If they think they look better after having a nip here and tuck there (Nip/Tuck love that show) who are we to pass judgement.


When I think about it, that's actually a little hypocritical.





Edit: Ahh...Alyssa, remember what he said..beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Just b/c you don't like it doesn't mean they don't.
JELOUSY...99 percent of the people who talk bad about people that have had work done, are women...they are either jelous becuase they don't have the money to get work done, or afraid of what people might say ....its really rare that you see a guy saying ';ew no that girl is ugly just because she has had work done';....they're only ugly if the work got screwed up lol ....but once again..its all just ejlousy....
because everyone has something to say, and lots of people are just superficial.
  • lotion cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment